Monday, November 25, 2013

Sadie's Nursery

I finally completely finished Sadie's nursery last week. I did not completely plan her nursery before she was born, because we were going to move after she was born. We moved to Georgia from Texas when she was only 2 weeks old! While I did not plan her nursery, I did know how I wanted it to look.  I bought the sheet from Land of Nod, a few frames, and the shadow box, but that was it.


  • I already had most of the things that are in her nursery (side table, frames, chair, shelf, curtains, basket, crib skirt) 
  • I repainted a small side table white that is beside the chair
  • I repainted a used lamp blue
  • I found used items (frames, vase, dressing table)
  • My mom made her hexagon quilt
  • Made her fabric banner pennat
  • Ikea chandelier
  • My husband made the book display
  • Shadow box (Michaels)
  • Print (etsy)

I wanted a calm, vintage, girly feel to her nursery. By using grey on the walls, it gives it a soft, calm feel to the room. This is a really small room, but I was able to put everything in the room that I wanted. I wanted to keep the walls very neutral so that I could just add pops of color. I added a cluster of frames to one wall with frames that I could find. I used a combination of prints and items to the wall. Some are digital that I had printed, I created a silhouette of her and placed in frame, I used the shadow box to display what she wore in and home from the hospital and her birth announcement.













If you have any questions about the nursery, just comment. I will do my best to answer the questions.

  



3 comments:

angie gutshall said...

Simply gorgeous!!

Natasha said...

Beautiful!!!

Paige Taylor Evans said...

Amazing! Beautiful! Stunning! What a lucky girl!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...